Pages

google analytics

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dad Songs

As a young father, I see it as my pleasure duty to occasionally act the fool. Please don't misunderstand, I definitely do not believe this to be the only role for the modern day Dad. But, showing/teaching kids 'fun' is also important. I find one of the best ways to do this with Addie, or to just entertain her, is with 'Dad songs'.
Dad songs are kid's songs or nursury rhymes with words changed to be a little bit rude/funny.
Here are some of my favorites:

To the tune of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star':
Twinkle, twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Daddy says you're a ball of gas,
Mummy says that he's an ass.
Twinkle, twinkle Little star,
How I wonder what you are!

also,
Tinkle, tinkle in the bath,
Make your brothers and sisters laugh!
When the water turns to brown,
That's right when they'll all frown.
Tinkle tinkle in the bath,
Make your brothers and sisters laugh!


To the tune of 'Hey, diddle, diddle':
Hey diddle, diddle,
The cat did a piddle,
In the middle of the kitchen floor!
The little dog laughed to see such fun,
So the cat did a little bit more!


To no tune in particular:
(My Dad taught me this one when I was a kid)
Ask your Mother for sixpence,
To see the big Giraffe.
With freckles on whiskers,
And Pimples on his...
Ask you mother for sixpence,
To see the big Giraffe (continue repeating ad nauseam)



2 comments:

Tab said...

I'm curious, what else would you say is the duty of a modern dad?

A. Schultz said...

Other Fatherly duties:
-Make 'Dad Jokes' (eg: "that's the dead center of town"
-Man the BBQ at appropriate functions
-Mow the lawn (if you have one)
-Teach the kids to ride a bike, mow the lawn, do gardening, fix stuff...
- Protect (daughters esp.) from the opposite sex until a slightly later than appropriate time
- play
- give advice that will help in more situations than the one at hand

Heaps of stuff!